[cod] Server crach with the new bin's

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sun Dec 26 14:01:52 EST 2004

> nobody know what this means?
>
> WARNING: Server should have crashed here!
> WARNING: Look for console commands player might be exploiting!
>
> ???

Normally, that's where Com_Error() gets called and terminates the
server...I just commented out the Com_Error() call and put that log
info. I threw that in to see if it worked around Steve's crashes, but it
still crashes on him. However, if you see this log message and the
server didn't die, then you got a tiny benefit from it.  :)

We weren't sure if it was an exploit causing it, hence the note about
console commands. Currently, I'm of the opinion that it isn't, but for
many people, it might be an incompatible mod (script errors pass through
there) or just a straight up bug in 1.51.

This message is only in the 12212004 binaries, and will be going away.

--ryan.