[cod] 1.5 CoD Upgrade has made scr_friendlyfire read only

Mark J. DeFilippis defilm at acm.org
Wed Dec 22 00:08:09 EST 2004

I always thought the "set" is current, no config mod.
seta will modify the current running config and when you
execute a write config, seta cvars will be written back to the
config file, and "set" cvars will not.

So.. "set" cvars are temporary, and "seta" can be writtten back to the
config file on write. Yes/no?  Has always been a mystery to me and
I thought I had it.

Also... What is the deal with the patch Ryan provided.  Is it the fix for
the "Spectator server killer". I tried to follow the threads, but lost it when
it went to "This was for Steve only", and "I will wait until the next "Stable
release Ryan"?

Is it fixed? not?

Also one last thing... (Let me get it out of the system all at once:)

1. Since UO is an add on for COD, do I need to lead the COD 1.5 then the UO
1.5.1?
2. So the install is now  - above (either COD 1.5 then UO 1.5.1 patch)
       Install the patch file for the patch file Ryan listed?

Thanks Guys...

I don't want to update the servers yet.  It would seem my servers for UO
running older 1.4.1e
are still running at full most of the time, and near full... I would say
they have not upgraded
their windows client... I suspect they are awaiting me to upgrade the
servers. Of which is
still pending the answers here, and perhaps another day to play a bit with
it first..

Mark J. DeFilippis, Ph. D EE          defilm at acm.org
                                       defilm at ieee.org