[cod] CoD 1.5 Any word ?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Mon Dec 20 16:36:41 EST 2004

Quoting Siq <siq at sbcglobal.net>:

> The hack that is happening currently on the Windows servers looks just
> like the hack that worked when 1.41 first came out.

I'd appreciate any Windows (and later, Linux) admins on the list trying those
out with both COD 1.5 and COD:UO 1.51...if any of them prove vulnerable, I'll
make sure GMI/IW/ATVI are all sync'd up.

COD and UO aren't built from the same codebase, so if something gets fixed in
one, it has to be fixed in the other, too, so it's possible that one or the
other missed the buffer overflow fix.

--ryan.