[cod] COD 1.5 Patch is out! (any news on the linux server?)

Robert Mount rmount at pobox.com
Fri Dec 17 08:29:12 EST 2004

Steven Hartland wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up ryan.
>
> When will the powers that be learn do NOT release the client patch
> without ALL the server patches as it:
> 1. Causes much pain and grief for players and more importantly admins :P
> 2. Makes them look like bumbling idiots for letting it happen.

Building on Steve's point #2.  Last night when i applied the patch to my
system, there were 70 servers, 90% of them were pinging 200 or more.
These were those home users throwing up servers (and making the patch
look bad) because the GSPs had nothing for their linux servers.  I
rushed to install on my Windows servers and had one with 12 users on it
in less than 30 seconds (i'm 100% serious).

I will say that the new features are quite impressive.  I think the
patch was well thought out up until the point of release.  Thanks to
Activision, IW, Grey Matter and Ryan for their hard work.  But please
listen to our pleas and choose your release dates more wisely.
Simultaneous releases are the way to go!

--Rob