Extra lib files for UO?

Gareth Jones gareth.jones at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 2 04:20:46 EST 2004

Hi,

I feel a bit of a dill for asking this, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting
a new COD: UO server running due to memory limitations (*my* memory
limitations...).

I have a few servers already running on different machines, but am getting a
library error (libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory) on startup when I try to run a server on a new machine, with exactly
the same files in the gamedir.

The servers are run on RH7.3, and I do vaguely remember Ryan posting a fix of
some kind around the time the last patch came out.

So I had a look around and found a gcc3-libs.tar.bz2 in the dir, along with a
cryptic note that I left for myself, and so have unpacked that file into
/var/lib (with symlinks intact).

I'm still getting the 'no such file' error when I try to start up though. So I'm
guessing that I'm dumb for not leaving myself a more detailed note with useful
instructions and have missed something. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,