Free stuff

stalvi stalvi at tek.iarc.uaf.edu
Wed Dec 1 16:18:18 EST 2004

As we all know, developers of free software often get hammered with
complaints.   Hammer too much and they can and will simply stop
developing.

I know a few developers that simply say "It's not supported on that
platform" or "The version you have was the last public version".
Which basically means they went back to developing it for themselves,
which is where most of it comes from in the first place.

So next time you even think about complaining about free or even
shareware software, think about that.  They can just cut it off
completely as they are under no obligation to put out alpha or beta #2.