[cod] help me :(

Gary Balliet geekofalltrades at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 24 02:35:28 EST 2003

James Kreuziger wrote:

> I can vouch for having the same sort of problem Nathan. I can get a
> Linux server running, I just
>
> can’t connect to it. I get the dreaded “Awaiting CD key authorization”
> message. I’ve even opened
>
> up the server as the DMZ host on the router. No dice.
>
> Funny thing. I can setup a dedicated server on my Win XP box, not have
> to open up a SINGLE port
>
> On my router OR on ZoneAlarm, and it works fine. I setup a MOHAA
> server on the Linux box tonight
>
> and had absolutely zero problems. I’d like to get the Linux CoD server
> running, even if it was just on my LAN.
>
> Even that doesn’t work.
>
> -Jim

And more of the same -running ipcop with iptables - opened 28960 20500
20510 going both ways. Etherereal shows both my puter on 10.10.10.3
and codauthorize.activision.com talking to each other but thats it. The
server shows up in the browse lan mode but not in the internet. When I
connect on the lan I just get CD authorization wait. Groan. Hope I don't
have to put 2 nics into the router(therefore 2 ips). Any others having
similiar probs?

./gary