(Seen my glasses? I'm a dork.)
If you want a specific section of my plan, you can use the web interface
Or directly through port 79, if your finger client will let you get away with:
This is part of the new, improved IcculusFinger. Yay.
(This is in no particular order)
- The icculus.org open source incubator.
- The Build Engine.
- Serious Sam.
- various Pyrogon things.
- Other stuff.
I have projects on icculus.org (some are even mine) that are already
abandoned. I will have to figure out what to do with them. If you want to
peek around, look at The CVS Tree.
A Confederacy of Dunces is pretty good. It's amazing how interesting such
a unlikable protagonist can be. More on this later.
For the record, I'm not going to see The Two Towers when it's released. I'll
probably skip Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire when they get around to
making it. I'm done with big-screen conversions of classic literature.
I blame Jack Nicholson.
I just saw a DVD of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and I'm amazed. Take
an incredible novel, strip out of the emotion, purpose, motivation, logic,
and message, and you get this movie. Some of the events kinda resemble
things that happened in the book, a little, but that's it. Don't get me
wrong, the acting is good. Nicholson won an Oscar for his portrayal of
McMurphy, which isn't really fair. He's nothing like the McMurphy of the
book, and saying, "Hey Jack, could you play a madman for the camera" is
like asking Gary Condit to murder his interns. Christopher Lloyd and
Danny DeVito probably had to stretch more, artistically.
After Skipped Parts, and The Cider House Rules, and now this, it just
settles it. Good books do not make good movies. The converse is probably
true, too. If a piece of literature alters your life, don't let someone
piss on your dreams by filming their watered down, confused version of it.
Word as bond.
Yes, I'm porting it. No, there's no timeframe right now. Email me with
questions, and I'll start a FAQ or something.
Manually merging a three megabyte diff will give you faith in God. It's kinda
like untossing a salad.
Those old Screenies.
Keep me and icculus.org going.
(FAQ snipped. Check the archives.)
Somewhat immediate TODOs:
- Check for zlib 1.1.3 remnants on icculus.org.
- CC/MacOS again.
- Get Nicki to pay for a movie.
- Get Emmett to buy me lunch.
- Upgrade Liza.
- Reburn damaged music disc.
- Nag Bernd about hardware.
- Burn discs for zakk.
- Deliver freespace2 to zakk.
- Nag zakk about hardware (?).
- Clean up the damned logfiles.
- Goddamn I'm friggin' BUSY. :(
- Port Serious Sam. ( 15%)
- Rewrite IcculusNews. ( 99%)
- Release SDL_sound v1.0. ( 92%)
- Release PhysicsFS v1.0. ( 98%)
- SDL_mixer rewrite, using non-existant SDL_sound library. ( 0%)
- Toby rewrite #4. Way overdue. ( 20%)
- Documentation for Toby. YEARS overdue. ( 0%)
- Major SMPEG updates. ( 1%)
- Rewrite web interface to mailing list archives. ( 0%)
- Write The Hook Book. ( 0%)
- Read A Beautiful Mind. ( 1%)
- Read A Confederacy of Dunces. ( 33%)
- Read On the Road. ( 15%)
Backburnered, but reasonable TODOs: (in no specific order):
- Hook up CVS to IcculusNews.
- Figure out how to monitor exactly how much bandwidth we've used per month.
- Hook up mailing list software to IcculusNews.
- Hook up Bugzilla to IcculusNews.
- Rewrite Toby's parser.
- Finish writing Punk Ass Comedy.
- Finish writing The Street.
- Finish reading The Dragon Book.
- Increase memory/swapspace.
- Remove http://icculus.org/sysinfo/todo.html
- Clean up room.
- Clean up home dir.
- Set up meldrew.
- Get nerf updated for SSL support.
- Put all the header/footer functions for icculus.org in one PHP file.
- Get Dreamcast Linux working.
- SDL OS/2.
- SDL LightPen/tablet support.
- SDL MsgBox API.
- SDL_rwops library.
- Make BUILD Engine support OpenGL.
- Fix the Linux Realtek drivers.
- Write scratchware.
- Physics engine.
- Get BUILD engine ready for Matt Saettler.
- Get Duke3D/COMMIT net API implemented for modern platforms.
- Get Duke3D sound API implemented for modern platforms.
- Beat Zork III. I will someday, I swear.