[ut3] Greetings---is anyone still here?

Keith Z-G keithzg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 13:27:23 EDT 2012

Lets hope so; note that in for example Judge Lucy Koh's court, Apple
has been winning some pretty major battles. On the other hand, one of
the reasons people are getting the impression that the tide is turning
for the side of rationality is Richard Posner's rulings and
commentary, which if I recall Nilay Patel over at the Verge called on
a podcast "the single most influential justice in the U.S." (and
Wikipedia mentions him being the most cited legal theorist of the 20th
century). Lets hope that voices like his carry louder and wider than
those that perpetuate the increasingly broken system.

Anyways, though, since I finally have some free time, I'm off to play
some of the games from the last Humble Bundle, many of which were
ported by Ryan . . . when I heard Valve themselves confirm they were
working on Steam for Linux (I never quite let myself believe it when
Phoronix was touting it, fearing my expectations being dashed on the
rocks) I momentarily thought "hey, they should hire icculus" . . . and
then I realized that if they did, well, who would port every *other*
commercial game to Linux?