[ut3] Greetings---is anyone still here?

Ceil ceil420 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 18:05:03 EDT 2012

Let's not forget the wild success enjoyed by Android. I know Linux
purists are already e-slapping me for bringing it up, but its
popularity is really not a bad thing for the kernel. I remember buying
the first Motorola Droid, and being worried that the platform would
see little success, drowned out by Apple's shiny new pretty. Glad to
see I was proven wrong, and with the transition from smartphones to
tablets - also gaining rapid popularity - perhaps people will see that
there's more to a good OS than Windows and Apples. I hear there's also
work to revive MeeGo, a more pure Linux platform. Let's hope that
enjoys similar success!

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Robin van Ee <robin.vanee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Steam for Linux, Dell sells Ubuntu laptops. I don't think anyone
> really trusts Microsoft to make a proper product anymore. If Windows 8
> fails, MS might lose a lot more market share than they did with Vista.
>
> 2012/7/19 Ceil <ceil420 at gmail.com>:
>> e conversation re:
>> gaming on Linux, I'm right there with ya o/

-Ceil