[ut3] More salt on an already sodium-rich wound

Thomas Ilnseher ilnseher at eit.uni-kl.de
Thu Oct 13 05:28:45 EDT 2011

My assumption is following: Their license model is
a) you pay, say $10M for teh initial license
b) you pay then $1M or so for every supported platform.

So, they can't get the license for Linux, because they don't want to pay
$1M for the license, 'cause they can't make enough money out of the
Linux port (to repay $1M). I don't have any clue how much Ryan costs to
port that stuff, but I assume something in the $100eds of K, so $400K or
so.

And maybe they just find it to pay off to get the licenses for iOS,
Android and stuff.

But that's just a wild guess.

-Tom

Thomas Ilnseher <ilnseher at eit.uni-kl.de>