[ut3] hey

Валерий jazzvoid at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 11:53:13 EDT 2010

Amount of Linux gamers is probably less than a percent of PC users. I'm not
sure that it's possible to "make noise". The best thing is to ask Mark
publish an official statement that UT3 for Mac/Linux is cancelled (and, if
possible, a reason why). But I'm afraid it's not going to happen because
there is no interested party to be taken seriously.

As for "promise", there was no promise. The most official thing is few posts
by Mark on Epic Megagames forums
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=24890693&postcount=25
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=24968274&postcount=7
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=25009404&postcount=262

2010/9/1 David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu>

> Does anyone have a recording or screenshot of Epic's claims that UT3 would
> ship for Linux?
>
> Is anyone, besides me, willing to give up a day of work to make some noise
> over this?
>
> I don't actually care much about UT3 on Linux any more, but I do care about
> games on Linux in general, and it'd be good to generate some noise/news on
> the issue.
>
> I'm thinking of a protest of sorts. A kind of sit-in.
>
> Anyway, back to the original question. We all know that Epic said they'd
> ship it. Do we have a recording/screeshot that we can refer to?
>
> David L. Willson
> Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
> MCT MSCE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
> tel://720.333.LANS
> Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness

Valeriy