[ut3] hey

Max Zettlmeissl max at zettlmeissl.de
Wed Sep 1 10:48:32 EDT 2010

Well, it should be pretty obvious, that this client is never going to
get released to the public. I recall Ryan writing something like "If you
knew what's holding up the port, you'd be laughing." some months ago.

UT3 was released almost 3 years ago now. Back before the release they
(Epic Games) still said, that the Linux client just did not make it onto
the DVD, but that it would be released as a download, shortly after the
release of the box. Apparently those were just lies. Maybe they even
intended to release it shortly after the games release but something
huge destroyed all the plans. We will probably never get to know the
details of this scheme.

One thing is certain. I'll never buy an Epic Games product again.
I'm really curious why it did not get released though.