[ut3] 3D-Realms Bancrupt !?!

Majic majic.one at gmail.com
Thu May 14 03:21:14 EDT 2009

One thing I really do miss in ut3 is the Assault gametype.  I know that
Campaign can be seen as Assault but I would wonder how easy it is to add
third-party "missions" for that gametype?  Futhermore, I'm not quite sure as
to how flexible it is?  I've only seen the Campaign gametype used for
fighting over and controlling nodes.  But in ut2004 I frequently love
playing on some third-party map where you must fight to get across the map
and touch monitors in the opponent's base, after which you're teleported
back to your base to start over again.  (At the end of the timelimit the
scores are summed for the winning team--or if you manage so many points.)
 Perhaps I'm rambling and perhaps what I'm describing is the Assault
gameplay and Campaign is much different.. I've just seen Assault used for
many different custom types of objective-based "mini-missions" and I'm sad
to see them non-existant in ut3.  I don't mind waiting, it's definitely been
a long while... but the Titan Pack was a big surprise and the addition of
the Greed gametype was a definite win for me.  So if any of you on the UT3
Linux development team are listening in to this list, please do consider
adding it back.  It was such a creative gametype and it spawned hundreds of
interesting maps for ut2004.  UT3, I love, because of the graphical
abilities... and the physics are very much appreciated, but it does feel a
bit limiting when you compare it to the weapons, and gametypes ut2004 had.
 I wish for the target painter and Assault gametype. :3  *runs off into
instagib land*
Thank you for reading, regards.

PS: If you could possibly make the bots a little less psychic with their
aiming in the Scorpion...  I mean, er, I'll practice. Sir.