[ut3] Linux Client

Валерий jazzvoid at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 07:22:56 EDT 2009

That's why Valve is not interested in porting source on Linux. Their games
work mostly good over wine and everyone who wanted to play Half-life 2 on
Linux just bought it and installed via wine already. Yes, there are some
major flaws (like not working community tab on steam), but I think it's much
easier to fix that bug in wine than port whole steam client ;)
And with such development speed, Postal III on Linux can become the first
and the last Source-based linux game.

2009/6/5 Zato-2 <zato.two at gmail.com>

> Hey! I saw a portal screenshot on linux too!
> Wait.. It was wine. ;)
>
> 2009/6/6 <majic.one at gmail.com>
>
>> Well, another thing is that a previous friend of mine reportedly was on
>> the dev team for the Steam port...  I don't want to name names, however much
>> I do not care about his privacy.... :\
>>
>> I remember seeing a screenshot of Portal on Linux, he was showing me a bug
>> with the gun model not rendering correctly. :>  Anyway, I just drop that
>> little note...
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 08:48:31 +0200
>> Max Zettlmeissl <max at zettlmeissl.de> wrote: