[ut3] STFU

majic.one at gmail.com majic.one at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 04:17:04 EDT 2009

It really is sad...  I'm a bit young (19), but I've played most of the mods that guy in the IT department spoke of... We Linux users are confronted with the idea that nothing of novel interest will come out within 5 years from it's Windows release date, so we often cycle through the games of the past... UT99, UT2004...  Games often live past their expected lifetime when they have a Linux installer, Epic should know this.  Our business should be of interest to them, as Linux definitely has over a million users worldwide...  I know for a fact any games released for Linux would be bought by a larger percentile than if they were released on Windows.  We either force ourselves to like the game, or--as people should--truly appreciate the game.   I do think there will be an eventual release of UT3 on Linux, but most of the people on this list will probably have moved on to something else by then.  To the people *not* on this list, they'll probably have tears in their eyes at the surprise of a Linux installer for such a great game... but it's just sad how we joined here to get updates and instead we've been given the cold shoulder.

You're a great fan, Josh Medly. :>