The whole PC gaming thing

M. Sch. 666Gammler at gmx.de
Fri Jan 9 09:38:43 EST 2009

*warning, heavy offtopic whining in progress*

I for my part am pretty tired with all this crap. I´ve been playing on PC´s since i first got my fingers on an C64 (ok, not an IBM-Compatible but neither a console) and i loved it despite all those little disatvantages we had to swollow. Because till now the PC always closed the performance gap with new generation consoles very fast in the past. But if you look at Mainstream PC gaming today, what do you see? Bad ported Console Games. Online Services wich track your every step and your forced to subscribe to (i know, consoles aren´t any better at this department, especially wii). At least five to six patches before a game is nearly playable. And if you want to play a halfway recent game you have to spend 600€+ every half a year. I am so sick with this whole PC gaming thing.

Well, there are Indie Games, especialy on linux, which i enjoy a lot. Battle for Wesnoth and Open Arena are Killer! Countless hours of masochistic fun with the uncountable number of Roguelike games out there. But for these games i don´t need the latest hardware. so i quit. i´ll buy a f****** ps3 and have fun with that. (at least i hope so)

*ontopic again*
Some time ago I couldn´t stand my curiosity any more and played the UT3 Demo on Windows a couple of times. I loved it and so i am dissapointed a lot with the current situation.

My bet is also, it will never come out. Whatever reason there may be.

Happy fraggin
--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a