[ut3] I would be happy to just know why its been delayed

UndeadDevil's Shadow shadow at s-i-g-m-a.net
Mon Feb 23 02:57:09 EST 2009

Actually I was fine with buying it, knowing I could play it in Windows, I'm just talking about the poor-souls here that spent money on it expecting it to be out by January/Feb 2008 as was promised. I am unfortunately like many others forced to run Windows for Gaming Reasons, Wine while making major progress still can't run even Counter Strike Source well.. :( Maybe next year lol. The day Linux can run every Windows Game is the day it will defeat Windows, something I personally hope for (I have more machines in this room running Linux than Windows! - And yes I regularly give people that say Linux = Jack shit, the whole you use Linux at least 100 times a day speech *They do, The two hops out of my LAN Run linux not to mention the 1000000's of servers, etc people browse abusing my WiFi when they are around here..)

I'll assume you're somehow trying to be funny with the major comprehension and spelling mistakes in your post??
You'r American I assume so I can't blame you for not knowing the English Language (No offence intended to Americans who do Know the English Language, he/she mis-spelt two words on the same line!)

I bought the game expecting the Linux Client, but I've still had fun none-the-less, its just a shame that Windows being Windows has caused LAN Games to end in BSOD's (Why the hell does using OpenAL cause this!, BioShock, etc are fine with OpenAL in the U3 engine!)

Also why does CTF-FaceClassic (Which is nothing like any other FaceClassic!) cause UT3 to crash for almost everyone on UT3 on Windows?!

Your arguing a lost cause here, we were told and if you look back on this exact mailing list that yes, it was delayed but it'll be out within a couple months after the original Linux release date...

I'm attacking Mr Brizz over his previous posts, read them and you'll understand why (To be blunt, he's just encouraged more flaming here! On top of accusing people of buying the game when they like many others were told they Client would be out within MONTHS, this is a fact, can be proven, etc. EPIC Promised the Linux Client on release, then just before release said within a couple months. Read this Mailing Lists Archive before arguing this!)

At the same time, its been so long that arguing isn't going to solve anything. The following goes to all of us!

Look this isn't going to solve anything, at the end of the day we all want UT3 on Linux! No matter what we're all UT lovers who've stuck by the series for years (Personally since 2000 for me) and can't wait to actually play a reliable game of UT3 (Remember I play on Windows and believe me the F***ker crashes constantly on 1.3, they completely messed up the OpenAL, etc...), the graphics are good, the game play is spot on for UT99 style (Sure most of you here agree UT2004 while being fun ruined some of the things that made UT what it was! Well UT3 makes up for that in my experience!)

The arguing here needs to stop (Me, you, etc are all guilty of helping this, well most of you on top of me - I've posted at a last resort to vent my anger about how long this has taken), we all want to know the same thing, is there any hope now of this actually coming out on Linux?? I was slightly harsh, Epic deserve the mail-bomb, not Mr Brizz! At least if this doesn't come out in 6 months (Making it 2 years from the Promised on the DVD!)

My anger at you Sir Brizz is mainly because of the way you reacted a couple days ago, you paid no respect to those people posting out of anger, and you seem to completely ignore the fact we were promised the client within a couple months of the official release. Again please read the archives of this exact mailing list!

Now that's out of the way has anyone managed to get this working via Wine? I'll assume not because of PhysX? One of the two I mentioned....

Seriously, as previously mentioned has anyone looked up what's actually the cause of this 18 month Legal Issue?! PhysX has Linux Code (At least Ageia does, can't confirm nVidia have done Jack**** to support anything using it on Linux) But well, Gamespy are even less likely to want there apps running on *nix...

Ryan's already told us how to find out who it is, we asked to know, yet no one has even followed what he said and looked. Do I really have to go look myself?! Are none of you capable of it?! Does the one guy here with half a brain have to go do it?! Nah I'm kidding here guys, I'm sure many of you are smarter than me, etc (Your on a mailing list that instantly qualifies you as smarter than me :) - At the end of the day, I was only writing Basic when I was 11 years old :( Can't compared to that FAKE 9 year old kid who's dad is writing Pascal code, etc on his behalf and claims the kid is writing it (Any coder should be pissed about this as the kid knows Jack Shit - Further Info = http://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20090206-119903.html)

A 9 year old knowing Pascal, sorry but it doesn't happen, for one learning Pascal is very rare these days most idiots go for Java (Words cannot describe how much I hate Java!! Is Borland even a company anymore?)