[ut3] An expansion is coming to UT3

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Fri Feb 20 12:57:07 EST 2009

Sir Brizz wrote:
> Just to follow up on my previous email, sorry. :)
>
> I REALLY don't care if people are mad and want to complain about the
> Linux client not being here. I just don't think that the fact you bought
> the game based on that is a consequential argument in this case. The
> client doesn't exist, but you buying the game without it having the
> client isn't Epic's fault.

I'm sorry Brizz, but you're simply wrong.

When a prominent member of a company makes a statement that they will do
something, people will make decisions based on that statement.
Misleading consumers with false statement(s) is simply wrong.  It's
clearly unethical and potentially illegal (IANAL).

Where was this statement?  Let's see:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=575669&highlight=Linux#post24968274

"We like the PC. We like the 360. We like the PS3. We like the
Macintosh. We like Linux. We will deliver UT3 for all of these platforms
and it will rock on every one." -- Mark Rein

Would you say Mark Rein counted as a prominent member of Epic?

--
Jamin W. Collins