[ut3] Official release date

Mon Feb 9 17:32:55 EST 2009

I thought GOW couldn't be ported because Uncle Microsoft said so.

David L. Willson
Network Engineer
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sir Brizz" <sir.brizz at gmail.com>
To: ut3 at icculus.org
Sent: Monday, February 9, 2009 3:18:07 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: [ut3] Official release date

I don't think they would abandon it entirely, but they would be justified in doing so, IMO.

UT3 isn't their "core" game franchise anymore, Gears of War is. They honestly wouldn't miss UT if all they were looking at was their pocketbook. They make much more on Gears and their licenses than UT brings in.

They do UT because they love it, and that's the only reason they will continue to do it. Their other businesses basically subsidize UT development.

Brizz