[ut3] Official release date

Michael Brandt mich.brandt at gmx.net
Fri Feb 6 13:37:26 EST 2009

>> YOU were encouraged by what they said,
>> YOU made a decision, and YOU spent the money.
> They lied.

THE CAKE IS A LIE
(replace 'CAKE' with 'UT3 for Linux' here)

This seems to be a dead loss, not worth of much energy any more. I can
understand everyone being upset with the way this has gone.
Unfortunately, the linux gamer community doesn't seem big enough to let
the Epic management feel any regret.

On the other side, I am not really sure if I want current Windows games
ported to Linux at all, even more when this includes protection
mechanisms changing major system functionalities and running as
background service like 'Steam'.

Having a look at certain management decisions, I'm even unsure if
Microsoft itself is really convinced of the PC as a serious gaming
platform any longer (Ensemble Studios closed, MS Flightsim terminated,
Chief of 'Games for Windows' left, etc.)

-- Mike