[ut3] Linux Client

Keith Z-G keithzg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 18:24:01 EDT 2009

At this rate it seems like Rage is going to be released, patched a few
times, then Carmack is going to get bored some day, port Rage and all
of Tech 5 to Linux, release it, and eventually open source it all
before the UT3 Linux client gets released.  Okay, admittedly that
probably won't happen now that ZeniMax bought up id Software (so he
might not even be able to make good on his promise to eventually
release Tech 4), but really now.  Ryan himself has had time to port an
entire other game (Prey) in the meantime while UT3 sits in limbo!

Personally though I *do* think that it matters if the port is
completed, since in theory that'd mean that UE3 would be ported to
Linux and thus future games could be released/ported, even if no one
is playing UT3 by that point.  Of course, often these games aren't
even being ported to *Windows*, but you catch my drift.

Oh well, back to playing Quake Live.