[ut3] Possible reason for UT3 Client delay

Sir Brizz sir.brizz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 10:47:31 EDT 2008

What is with saying that UT3 has a higher learning curve than UT2004?
That couldn't be further from the truth.

In UT200X (both games) you didn't stand ANY chance against a good
player. Most of the people who were above average could kill any new
player or even amateur player without worrying about dying. AT ALL.

In UT3 the weapons do enough damage that as a new player you can at
least hope to get a few lucky kills if nothing else. Staying alive is a
commodity for everyone now, not just the bottom rung.

Continuing to learn UT3 when you felt you were don learning UT2004
doesn't mean much either. The depth of the weapons has changed because
using things other than hitscan is actually MORE useful than using
hitscan in most cases now. In my opinion, that can only be considered a
good thing.

Brizz