[ut3] Possible reason for UT3 Client delay

B1tchkilla b1tchkilla at gmx.de
Sun Sep 21 07:35:01 EDT 2008

Hey Kate,

I'd say the learning curve is ok. While in UT2K4 everyone having played
a few hourse was able to harm you well, in UT3 you won't stand a chance
against a very good player. But still, as the overall damage has
increased compared to it's predecessor, new players are well able to
kill the good players thus having their feeling of success, too. And
another thing: When playing Warfare, it's not only kills that count. I
know great fraggers there of whom I think they do support their team
well but are not the MVPs since they sometimes go too much for kills.

I'd rather compare the UT3 learning curve to that of UT99. The only
thing that changed a lot is that nowadays you won't find as many new
players as in the year 2000, which is why your learning curve still
won't be the same. Obviously, you can learn a lot more from good players
but you can also get frustrated more easily. I still remember having
played UT99 for about 1 year when someone told me to place more shock
combos - "shock what?". Today, everyone will learn that quickly, even if
they haven't seen the tutorial at all.

I'd say UT3 is easy to learn and hard to master, so as long as there
will still be players once the linux client is available, you might
still enjoy it in case it's a game that fits you in general.

Regards,
René