[ut3] Possible reason for UT3 Client delay

Jeroen Trippe (m3t internet/clanspace) jeroen at m3t.nl
Fri Sep 19 08:29:31 EDT 2008

just to stir up the discussion again:
http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/finger/finger.pl?user=icculus&date=2008-09-18&tim
e=06-38-30

;-)

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Alex Malinovich [mailto:demonbane at the-love-shack.net]
Verzonden: dinsdag 13 mei 2008 10:25
Aan: ut3 at icculus.org
Onderwerp: Re: [ut3] Possible reason for UT3 Client delay

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 11:26 +0200, B1tchkilla wrote:
> No real news about the release date of the linux client, but at least
> an update telling us the linux client is still in the making:
> http://twitter.com/icculus/statuses/809012572

Well, all he's given us is that it's still coming. That leads me to believe
that it's coming as soon as legal lets it go. And that leads me to believe
that legal is going to let it go as soon as M$ or whatever other
powers-that-be decide that there's not so much as a penny left to be made on
it otherwise.

I've been following Ryan's work for years, and I just can't believe that
there have been technical issues holding him back for 7 months. Granted, I
don't care all that much. I doubt I'll ever play the game, even if/when a
Linux client does come out. At this point it's just a matter of watching the
Linux community get bent over and lubed up...

--
Alex Malinovich
Encrypted mail preferred. You can get my public key from any of the pgp.net