additional game content, was: linux editor

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Thu Oct 9 10:15:24 EDT 2008

Matthew Thompson wrote:

> As for myself, I wouldn't mind playing games on a console so much if it
> weren't for the horrible control schemes (especially for FPS games) and
> the fact that they charge for updates and more content. Anybody remember
> downloading ~400 mb of new content for UT04? I sure do, and I wouldn't
> have gotten it if it costed $20.

Only 400M of content? UT2004 was one of the games I downloaded the most
content for.  Second only to Neverwinter Nights.  I just checked and the
files I still have kicking around for it are far more than 400 Meg.  The
list of maps on our game server alone are more than that.  To say
nothing of the various community mods for the game.

--
Jamin W. Collins