[ut3] Possible reason for UT3 Client delay

Cironir cironir at furcadia.com
Fri May 9 05:23:27 EDT 2008

Dean --

Why are you surprised that Linux users are upset after they were tricked
into pre-ordering and buying the Windows version of UT3? With what
turned out to be false and empty promises, which were then followed by
months of complete silence and disregard. Ryan is not the hand that
feeds the customers. The customers are the hand that feeds Ryan. It's a
common misconception that customers of game studios need to be somehow
grateful for the privilege of being allowed to give the company their
money.

So, they didn't want my business as a Linux user. That's fine. ID and
Splash Damage got the money I had planned to spend on UT3 instead. Not
that SD is very reliable when it comes to release estimates, but they do
this obscure thing called "communication". Respect for your customers
does lead to customer loyalty. I hardly feel respected by Epic or Ryan
after this whole mess. (It is the silence, not the fact that other
issues may have come up.)