[ut3] Possible reason for UT3 Client delay

Thomas Grasmück tgrasmueck at web.de
Thu May 8 19:57:02 EDT 2008

In fact, I agree in one point of your argumentation: I would appreciate
some more updates by Ryan. Anyway he made an announcement, he will
inform us, when there are relevant news about the project.

The rest is just enerving. There is a mailinglist archive, where
everyone can read Ryan's statement: News will be published, when there
are news. Clear statement. And, in my case, all I wanna hear.

I subscribed here, because I don't wanna read enerving boards with much
more irrelevant posts and also much more kids, that are unable to look
into the archive and find Ryan's statement. I subscribed primarily for
getting first handed news on the server, the client is secondarily for
me, because, on one hand, UT3 hyped less I thought before the release,
on the other hand, UTx is, the past told us about this, on release date
very buggy. Then we get patch 1 and 2 and much time later there will be
patch 3, which results in a nearly unbuggy client version. Patch 3 is
not out until now, so I'll wait without rumoring.

I don't need another board, where everybody posts 20 posts a day,
therefore I use mailinglists. I expect to only get relevant informations
here. And perhaps development here is now at a point, where I say, we
need different lists for the server and the client. In order to get only
the information (and hopefully no flames) hosters oder admins need.

Just my 2 cents
Thomas