[ut3] [UT3] Linux-Client

Keith Zubot-Gephart keithzg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 03:34:33 EDT 2008

I can entirely see why some people dislike it (apparently you, for one!) but
personally I find it tremendously enjoyable, as do quite a few friends of
mine . . . it is, however, one of those games that seems to polarize people,
they either entirely fall for it completely or loathe it with the core of
their being (although save for you, most people who have objected so strongly
to it have been die-hard Battlefield fans, while many of the lovers of Quake
Wars have conversely been people who enjoyed the vague game type of the
Battlefield games but loathed EA's spin on it all).

It's definitely a very different game from UT3, regardless, which is why I'm
still awaiting a UT3 linux client, but ETQW has easily been enough of an
engrossing game that I've been able to avoid booting into Windows even a
single time in months now, and if UT3 never comes out for Linux I'll live.
That being said, for his work on this project and many others, if I ever meet
Ryan in a bar he's drinking free that night (free as in beer!...bad joke, I
know).