[ut3] linux client

Donovan Brooke dbrooke at euca.us
Sun Mar 23 22:13:40 EDT 2008

Slavik Goltser wrote:

> iMac come with either an ATI X1600 or an X1900 which should be able to
> run UT3 on at least medium settings.

Well, I may try it if ever the mac version comes out.  The reviews I read
last December or so put my iMac card (ATY RADEON X1600 128) well under the performance
of the GeForce 6150 that was stock in my new PC. I tried playing UT3 with
the 6150 (using the latest drivers) and had horrible results on the lowest
settings.  22 Ave. FPS on regular game play I think it was. The latest drivers
helped, but it was still horrible.

I installed a better, yet still pretty cheap, card on the new PC. With the
Radeon HD 3850, I now get a fairly consistant 55 Ave. FPS on the medium
settings.

I can't imagine what my wimpy X1600 128mb card may do... but ya never know
I guess.

The X1600 seems to do O.K. with 2k4... :-) probably because it came out
about a year after UT2k4 did.

Donovan