[ut3] linux client

Spike spike at spykes.net
Sat Mar 22 08:10:55 EDT 2008

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 07:32:40 +0000
"Andrea Chiumenti" <kiuma72 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Stop asking ?????
>
> THEY say stop asking, as we would be stupid, but the truth is that they are
> the bad mannered person, because it's our (the customer) right to know!
> especially when they have our money, that they would never have without that
> now nearly false promise of a linux client.
>
> I hope to see the Linux client soon, if not, this will be my last Epic's
> game, even for console, and I hope that many linux gamers will never buy a
> game from Epic if no Linux client will be released for this game!
> Epic: a promise is a promise, especially when you already have my
> money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Regards,
> kiuma
>
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Kevin Guillaume <kevin.guillaume at gmx.net>
> wrote:

At this point the game has already lost its charm for me. I'm sure
many feel the same as I do. Even if they did release a Linux client
now I doubt I'll be bothered to play it. The fact that everyone had the
game for months in Windows, many are probably bored of it and
already moved on to better games, this has done nothing more than make
me feel very left out by Epic and a small afterthought.

This never happened with the UT2004 client, it was nice to play (the
demo even), the exact same time the Windows players got theirs.

Consoles is all Epic cares about now, the recent Tim Sweeney article,
the Gears 2 announcement, Epic doesn't care about a silly Linux UT3
client or PC gaming either for that matter, they're busy pumping out
the next Gears games while they sit with Steve Ballmer and an
Xbox 360 discussing how to share their future profits.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/36390/118/

My how the tables have turned.... Consoles $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$