[ut3] Some servers crash by Close session errors

Thomas Grasmück tgrasmueck at web.de
Fri Mar 7 14:25:46 EST 2008

> Hello Thomas,
>
>> We had this error before patch 1.2 on all servers,
>> but it seemed to be resolved with the patch. After patching all servers
>> ran stable for a week, then this error began to come back. Nothing
>> changed in the config.
>
> No way, its not yet resolved. It does not happen that often, as far as I
> can tell its all about the connection to the gamespy master servers and
> some kind of unhandled timeout exception or whatever. :-)

Ok, that sounds reasonable. So let's hope for some future patch.
Nevertheless a strange thing, cause it happens only on specific servers.

>> Anyone found a solution for this error?
>> Error: Can't destroy a null online session
>
> The usual quick 'n dirty approach: Capture stdout and stderr of the
> process and react on 'Error: Can't destroy a null online session' ...

As far as there is no other solution, thanks for that way. Normally I
really hate quick 'n dirty approaches, but in that case I more hate it
to restart the servers manually all second days ;-)

> By the way, you've destroyed Rick Page's thread. To start a new thread just
> write an empty mail to the list or remove the reference headers from the
> reply ;-(

Ouch, I'm sorry for that fault. My brain went a little bit to fast
forward. At first, I wanted to reply to Rick's thread, but then saw my 2
cents were already given by you. Next time I'll better have a second
look before sending..

> Cheers..

Thomas