[ut3] What graphics card will be fast enough for playing ut3 in linux in 1920x1200?

Renato Perini rperini at email.it
Thu Mar 6 11:14:23 EST 2008

Performance loose?
I bet under Linux performance will be *much* better than Windows,
expecially if you now run the game under Vista.
Every game I played under Linux were way faster that its Windows
counterpart.
It's not difficult to advise you: with that resolution, playing decently
every new game, needs a new high end graphics card.

This is the reason I won't buy a monitor that support that resolution:
too expensive.

Thomas Ilnseher ha scritto:
> Hi there.
>
> I got a new monitor that does 1920x1200.
>
> unfortunately my 6600GT is too slow to do 1920x1200 for ut2k4 with
> acceptable FPS (acc. FPS is > 60fps ALL time).
>
> so I need to get a new gfx card now! as I hope that UT3 will be
> realeased for linux, I want a gfx card that is fast enough to play UT3
> in linux with 1920x1200 with an acceptable FPS rate.
>
> (that might be either an 8800GT or 8800GTS 512).
>
> I would be glad if ryan could give me an rough estimate how much
> performance I will loose on Linux compared to winblows.
>
> I will buy the new GFX card in two weeks or so, as I will attend the
>
> Thx all.

 Sponsor:
 Scopri le tue passioni con Leonardo.it!
*