[ut3] What graphics card will be fast enough for playing ut3 in linux in 1920x1200?

Christophe BOULLANGER cbo at info-services.biz
Thu Mar 6 10:06:47 EST 2008

unlock smooth fps in UT2004.ini

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Thomas Ilnseher [mailto:ilnseher at eit.uni-kl.de]
Envoyé : jeudi 6 mars 2008 11:01
À : ut3 at icculus.org
Objet : [ut3] What graphics card will be fast enough for playing ut3 in linux in 1920x1200?

Hi there.

I got a new monitor that does 1920x1200.

unfortunately my 6600GT is too slow to do 1920x1200 for ut2k4 with acceptable FPS (acc. FPS is > 60fps ALL time).

so I need to get a new gfx card now! as I hope that UT3 will be realeased for linux, I want a gfx card that is fast enough to play UT3 in linux with 1920x1200 with an acceptable FPS rate.

(that might be either an 8800GT or 8800GTS 512).

I would be glad if ryan could give me an rough estimate how much performance I will loose on Linux compared to winblows.

I will buy the new GFX card in two weeks or so, as I will attend the DATE next week.

Thx all.
--
Thomas Ilnseher <ilnseher at eit.uni-kl.de>

---