[ut3] Problem starting server(s)

[FnG] Lambik fng.lambik at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 14:07:16 EST 2008

I am no a linux expert, but this seems a little odd to me.
**************
CANSUID=0
if [ "$CANSUID" = "1" ]; then

      SUID="$ATTEMPTNICE su $MYUSERID -c"

   else
      SUID="$ATTEMPTNICE $SUID"
      chown $MYUSERID $MYDIR/Binaries/ut3
      chmod u+s $MYDIR/Binaries/ut3
   fi

the part which says "su $MYUSERID -c" is the part which make your server run
with USERID ($MYUSERID)
To me it looks like that is never gonna happen. If you set CANSUID=1 then it
might run as $MYUSERID

About the logging I can't help you out, might have to to with the UT3
logging stuff, try to find it in the UTEngine.ini

Lambik