Problem starting server(s)

mahe (ut-fun.de) admin at ut-fun.de
Sat Mar 1 19:25:32 EST 2008

I've got a problem starting my ut3 server(s).

My  directory structure looks like this:

UT3 dedicated server files: /games/ut3files

UT3 servers: /games/ut3servers/<servername>

The directories exist and all files inside of the UT3 server directories are
just linked, except of the different ini files. (to save diskspace)

Now if I want to start a server I get the following error:

"Couldn't run Unreal Tournament 3 (ut3-bin). Is UT3_DATA_PATH set?"

I try to start the server with an own shellscript which also checks if the
server (process) is running.

In this script I change to /Binaries of the server (cd
/games/ut3servers/<servername>/Binaries) and there I want to start the ut3
script (./ut3 server .)

Well, with ut2004 this works fine, I don't know what I'm doing wrong with
ut3 .

Any hints?

Good luck & have fun

mahe