[ut3] Negative Delta Time on Xen VPS

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Mon Jan 21 20:34:38 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 12:06 -0600, Rick Page wrote:
> When I scan my currently running processes, I do find an ntpd process
> running. I also see that the ut3-bin process is idling at around 9.5%.
> I'll have to check it later while people are connected. If anybody
> would like to connect to it, it is at 64.34.161.48:7877.
> Back to this ntpd process, I don't think I really need it and can I
> stop the daemon?

It's been a few months since I've used Xen, but I'm pretty sure that by
default the domU's will keep their time synced with the dom0, so you
really don't need ntpd running in the guest. Just go ahead and kill it
and see if it helps. Having your time always be accurate to a few
milliseconds is certainly nice but it is by no means a necessity for a
working system.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837