[ut3] won't wait anymore

Andrew Nady kisisten at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 15:22:02 EST 2008

I've posted to epic about the issue, but the post got closed and redirected
by the mods.

The simple post was, to put the thinking huts on and realize this is 2008
and we, the core UT promoters have been here since 1999.
Thanks to GOTY and developers there was a Linux client in 1999, when not
many Linux clients or direct rendering drivers were available, same was for
MAC's
Epic and the parties of interest are trying to promote a "Close Source"
release. It's not that there is no dev's are capable to release a nix
client.
All they need the suckers, not the players, to buy the game and spend the
mula. Lets face it, it's easier to find a sucker on a M$ platform since the
numbers are high.
Linux gamers are tend to be free in one way or another and the "sucker"
factor is small since not many desktops are available.
Back to the point, it's 2008 almost ten years later and in Epic and the
"investors" decided to go back in time with WindoZ only.
Maybe M$ is in it or proprietary interests need to be defended.

I am a gamer and host several servers and regularly play UT99 and UT-2K4
because it s a computer game/condole game. UT3 tries to be more for consoles
because that is where the investor interest are.
As to when we will see a Linux client, I can tell you that it's either when
Profits and Numbers are met and people get paid, the game catches on, or the
games fades and the answer than is never.
Thank the lord I didn't have to dish out $80 bucks for the collectors
edition, got it as a present. As to how is the new game? I don't know
didn't/never played it and can't tell.
How's that for "word of mouth"?

My .02cents