[ut3] Linux client update

Bjorn Ryborg bjorn.ryborg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:07:04 EST 2008

Personly I cant wait for the Enemy Territiory Wolfenstein to come. The next
REAL Enemy Territory after the old WW2 game.
Hopefully they will release the Linux version together the Windows version
as they use too.

/Bjorn

2008/1/11, Sir_Brizz - BU Staff <sir_brizz at beyondunreal.com>:

> I have to disagree, ET:QW is pretty awful, in my opinion. But you're
> welcome to like it. Your solution, however, does not work for me :)
>
> On Jan 11, 2008 3:55 AM, Scott Hilleard < scott at netsight.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Alex Malinovich wrote:
> > pick
> > >
> > > You know, I've played most of the "great" FPS games that have come out
> > > in the last 6 months or so, including BioShock, Call of Duty 4, and
> > > Crysis, and the ONLY one that I'm still playing is ET:QW, on Linux.
> > Part
> > > of that is because I hate rebooting and part of it is because,
> > honestly,
> > > it's a great game. We don't need to have 600 crap games in Linux, but
> > as
> > > long as we get the GOOD ones I'm happy. That's why I'm hoping to see
> > UT3
> > > soon. And I know that it'll happen sooner or later, and in the
> > meantime
> > > I'm perfectly happy to keep playing ET:QW. :)
> > >

> > Yeah, ET:QW is great. I have my own server in our companies data centre
> > running ET:QW. Originally I had been planning to run UT3 on it, but I am
> > not hosting a server for a game I can not play myself (due to there
> > being no UT3 linux client - I will not buy or install a copy Windows
> > just to play a game). I pre-ordered my copy of UT3 in anticipation of
> > UT3 for Linux, so am disappointed it has not yet surfaced, but ET:QW has
> >
> > nicely filled the void in the mean time. And on the linux games front I
> > still have Penumbra: Black Plague (http://www.penumbrablackplague.com/)
> > to look forward too! Its predecessor Penumbra: Overture is really great
> > (http://penumbra-overture.com/) and the games are actually not expensive
> > at all, which is cool. I think gradually the linux market for games is
> > increasing :)
> >

> > --
> > Scott Hilleard                                      scott at netsight.co.uk
> > Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.        Business Vision on the Internet
> >
> > http://www.netsight.co.uk                             +44 (0)117 9090901
> > Web Design | Zope/Plone Development & Consulting | Co-location | Hosting
> >
> > ---
> >

> --
> Sir_Brizz
> Technical Manager
> sir_brizz at beyondunreal.com

--
Med Venlig Hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Bjørn Ryborg
E-mail: Bjorn.Ryborg at gmail.com

http://ubuntu.linuxin.dk
http://www.linuxin.dk