[ut3] Linux client update

Rene Treffer treffer at in.tum.de
Thu Jan 10 20:21:46 EST 2008

Exactly :) I'm not paying 0.01€ until I've received a linux binary. I'll
immediately pay (even 50+€) for a game if it comes with a linux binary!

Seems like I'll get a cheap UT copy this time :D (<20€ before a linux
version will be available? Not unlikely :D)
I'd be happy to pay 50+ if I could play it - please telll this your
marketing guru! I bought UT2k4 the day it came out - just because it had
linux support and I know how the alsa/gentoo community loved it. I'm
asked how to upgrade computer - or which game/software one should buy.
Linux user are not the ones that make big business - but they are the
ones that that advertise your software! Did you hear the AMD statement?
We would give away 50% of our CPU's for free - if those guys getting CPU
would result in at least one person buying our CPU.....

@Ryan: This isn't a rant against you - we all know you are working
really hard... But we would really love to hear something about the
linux client! The only thing that keeps me from from hosting a UT server
in our 1k+ LAN is a working Linux client - so I could play, too ;)