[ut3servers] i'm very unhappy with the current situation!

Sebastiaan Pais maillistrecipient at gothica.nl
Thu Jan 3 07:49:12 EST 2008

Unstable in which perspective? I run the server on dual xeons (32bit
prestonia mostly) all running 32bit slackware (10 up to 12) and haven't had
any problems. Did have a lot of shit with my dual opteron running 64bit
Gentoo, which prolly has to do with f-ed libraries, or at least them working
together with the ut3 server. Please try with a different install before
blaming ut3 itself, yes, it would be nice if it wouldn't f-up over some
'less than optimal' (or maybe even 'to optimal') libaries, but as many
hosts/admins don't have the problems, it's not something you can't fix in
the meantime by some means.
I do however notice a 'nice' memleak (which scales up nicely along with cpu
usage), a 12player public which is full 70% of every day starts out at
~300MB/w 15% CPU and eats up ~1400MB/w 55% CPU after a week, simply
restarting the server of course fixes it, but it's sad to see it actually
does this.

Go go gadget UT3-Patch2!

Greet,

Sebastiaan.