[ut3] UT3 for PS3 and UT3 for Computer...

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Tue Jan 1 17:06:31 EST 2008

On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 12:04 -0800, UndeadDevil's Shadow wrote:
> To be honest, I do not see how it could ever be done, at least with it
> being a fair game between the PC and PS3. There is a Video on YouTube
> with the 2nd and 3rd Best Ranked PS3 players
> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5xhKkHTy1E)
>

> I’m sorry but I would totally own them, as would any of us on this
> list. The reason: We can look around extremely fast, aim properly,
> compensate for rapid movements, etc...

One of the "selling points" for the Games for Windows thing is to allow
easy interoperability between games on different platforms. (Well, Vista
and x360 at least... which is crap, but that's a whole different
discussion.)

The idea is that what the console players lack in movement speed,
they'll make up for with auto-aim. If you have your sensitivity up high
enough to allow quick turns, and a decent amount of auto-aim, it could
be a competitive match. I think the big thing that it comes down to is
the developers finding the right amount of auto-aim to provide for
online play so as to make it fun without being cheap.

The 2nd big problem would be that no matter how well balanced they make
it, human psychology is going to kick in, and all console players will
be branded cheaters by PC players that suck, and all PC players will be
branded cheaters by console players that suck. :)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837