[ut3] linux client

Thu Feb 28 09:33:39 EST 2008

I disagree.

Ryan is a hard worker that has produced good work in the past and is producing good work
today.  Periodic statements from him that he is working on the client are good and
trustworthy, and needed.  I have the experience of 10 years in FOSS and 15 years in
software, and I know how software projects die.  They don't die loudly, unless they die
in court, not in legal haranguing, in actual court.  The rest of the time, the great
majority, they die quietly when everyone stops caring, the builder(s) and the buyer(s).

The second to last Ryan/Icculus update was something about a legal threat, and then
there was a rumor about a Microsoft threat.  Ryan's simple statement that he is still
working on the client was needed, and much more valuable than the response of an
auto-responder.

--David

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:55:46 -0500, Kevin Guillaume wrote