[ut3] linux client

Wed Feb 27 11:47:43 EST 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:05:18 +0100, Federico Nicolelli wrote
> Bernhard Schuster ha scritto:
> > Just about a week ago, icculus himself stated that he is still working,
> > and we should stop asking *wen will it be ready to use?*
> > It's gone be done, be patient.
> > --
> > -Bernhard-
>
> i'm really sorry,
> and i haven't red the archive...
> whopsss.....
>
> Federico Nicolelli

Bernhard/all,

IIRC, Icculus said we should stop asking if Epic is being acquired by Microsoft.  He has
sworn off predicting completion dates, as have many other game developers, but he never
said that we should stop asking for the project status.  He also never said that
Microsoft wasn't part of the problem, but I didn't notice that he didn't say that.

IMHO, liveness and deadness of a project are fair questions, and always will be.  If it
ever isn't fair to ask whether product development is stalled, we have problems.  The
last round of questions was perfectly reasonable, after four months with no news,
especially since the last news was that there was a legal snarl.  As customers, we need
to know that our product is being worked on.  WE write the <insert obscenity of choice>
check, and if/when this product dies, we need to know so we can move our
time/attention/money to Product B.  Conversely, as loyal fans, if we know effort is
being made, we can continue to give our support.

In patience,

David L. Willson
Trainer/ Engineer/Consultant
MCT, MCSE, Linux+