[ut3] Microsoft buying EPIC? (was: [ut3] customer satisfaction...)

Kingster kingster at unrealplayground.com
Tue Feb 19 12:08:38 EST 2008

They should if he doesn't state that it is solely his view and not that of the company he works for.  Why do you think that most companies tell their workers NOT to talk to the press?

If the article had simply stated that it was an interview with CliffyB then it's fine, but it didn't - it tied in Epic, by stating "CliffyB of Epic".  Additionally, Epic has not stepped up and said that "CliffyB's statements during that interview do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Epic".  In failing to do so, it is quite reasonable to assume that Epic agrees with CliffyB's statement.

And lastly, how many Epic employees do you see sharing their opinion outside of the Epic controlled domains (like the forums, mailing lists, etc.)?  I think I generally see 2... Mark and CliffyB.