[ut3] Windows version while waiting?

Tony Bassette kult at bassette.org
Wed Feb 13 05:45:04 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

Like many other I have no intention to buy the game until the release of a
GNU/Linux client.
I'm very patient and if the client must be release in july/november 2012 I
can wait. But that's not
why I'm posting right now. During the last 10 years, I've made the choice to
no longer use
Windows and always find a way to do everything on a GNU/Linux environment.
Meaning
at home, I don't use windows and I haven't got a Windows anywhere on a shelf
(I'm still using
it less than 10 minutes a week at work but it won't last).

And I don't think I'm the only one on this list.

Even if I'm a huge gamer, I don't need to play to everything getting out.
But I've bought most
commercial games with a GNU/Linux client (and let the company know about
this). And even
if UT is my favourite game and the one I've played most since UT'99, I will
stick to the rules :
no GNU/Linux client no buy.

Even if this act mean nothing for the company.

I'm sorry if there is not enought player right now but if the reason is
because of the missing
GNU/Linux client (even if I doubt about this) maybe EPIC (and other gaming
company) must
face the truth.

Political statements are the only way to get thing moving from time to time
in video game like
anywhere else I think. And if the GNU/Linux client never comes out ... I
will have spent my time
playing something else or doing other thing ... and also having fun.

Just hoping this client will come out soon so I could « kick you ass » :D
(watch out the smileys
and the quote ... no offence ;))

Have fun everyone.!

P.S. (sorry for my bad english)