[ut3] customer satisfaction...

Kevin Podbielniak k.podbielniak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:56:40 EST 2008

I have been sitting back since October 12, when the Windows demo client was
released.  I remember this day perfectly as my company asked me to resign
that night.

I've stayed a member of this list, as well as the UT3 Admin list the whole
time, waiting for the release of the linux client.  With no job, I
pre-ordered and picked up the game in November (as a b-day gift for myself),
in hopes the linux client would be released.

Exactly 4 months later, my UT3 copy sits in a filing cabinet, still in the
bag from EB Games, receipt, shrink wrap and all.

I even went so far as to install a second hard drive in my computer in hopes
to put Windows on it to at least install and enjoy what I bought, but after
I finished installing/updating and patching windows, I wasn't even
interested in playing any more.

Day after day my inbox will fill up with email from this and the Admin list,
and the only reason I stay on them is the hopes to hear "Linux demo (or full
at this point I don't care) UT3 client is found 'here'".  But that's not the
case.

I'm sure Ryan is working hard, as he is the hardest Linux game programmer
known to mankind.  but whatever the holdup is, as a community, it would be
nice to have 'some' information.

Things we saw while waiting for the release of UT3 Linux:

1)  Writers Guild strike and conclusion.
2)  HD DVD/Blu Ray format war is about over
3)  Frontlines Fuel of War being advertised on WWE Monday Night Raw (powered
by Unreal engine)
4)  Hades freezing over.  It went from 80 degrees to below freezing in a day
here
5)  more information on DNF was released

I will still sit and wait for the linux client, why?  Because I can save up
more money for a new gaming rig, and pass my current one to my girlfriend.
:)

--k