[ut3] Client?

Brendan Pike spike at spykes.net
Tue Dec 2 23:08:52 EST 2008

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 20:12:45 -0600
Josh <lostman at liquidcode.org> wrote:

> I don't think they give a shit about UT players anymore. They are to
> busy giving fellatio to Bill Gates and rolling around in a pit full of
> Gears of War money. Hell Tim Sweeny basicly told *PC* gamers to piss
> off. Not just linux gamers. When he is telling the entire PC market to
> go to hell I don't think there is much hope for a linux client.

AMEN. Most of the work on the Unreal Engine 3 has been done primarily
for Gears of War. Plenty of 3rd party developers have felt the shaft
when it comes to UE3 licensing and support. Epic used the money to
develop the engine further strictly for Gears of War. If you notice,
its Gears of War 2 that uses the latest and greatest version of UE3.
Ghee I wonder why? Let them lay in their bed with Microsoft and wads
of cash. We've stopped caring Epic.

Also, with the latest rumours/sightings on a Linux Steam client along
with a Linux client for Left4Dead, I doubt most of us are concerned
about UT3 anymore. Bring it on Valve.

Bren