[ut3] Client?

Thomas Ilnseher ilnseher at eit.uni-kl.de
Tue Dec 2 07:06:30 EST 2008

Am Dienstag, den 02.12.2008, 12:57 +0100 schrieb Julian Hofmann:
> I pre-ordered 2 copies (over 100€), one for me, one for a friend --
> who
> doesn't want to have it for obvious reasons. Still I will be happy
> once
> it comes out.
I had a bit of luck there. I nearly pre-ordered doom3, but i was too
chaotic ;). Then the game launched, I had no pre-ordered version, but I
realized that there was no linux version either. So I waited for the
linux client to come out. Once it was out, I got the game, and it WAS
much cheaper.

This way I learned to never pre-order games. I just got prey right now
for 5,50€. Ok, the fullversion linux client isn't released yet, but I
doubt it will drop much lower. (the 5,50 included 2,50 shipping).

So hope you guys have learned the lesson: NEVER pre-order games (if you
intend to play on linux). even if there is first day linux support,
you'd only loose a couple of days

--
Thomas Ilnseher <ilnseher at eit.uni-kl.de>