[ut3] UT3 Linux Projekt an "Pet" Projekt?

Sir_Brizz - BU Staff sir_brizz at beyondunreal.com
Sun Apr 6 19:17:11 EDT 2008

Everything they are using already has Linux ports (at least the stuff they
are using in the core game like Bink, Novodex[this is probably the sticking
point since they don't have any officially released Linux ports and just got
bought by nVidia], and FaceFX).

Brizz

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Kevin Guillaume <kevin.guillaume at gmx.net>
wrote:

> Oh? That's kinda cool then. Maybe I like this Ryan guy after all!
>
> I'm starting to worry that if Epic saved bunch of developer-hours by
> licensing
> somebody else's proprietary technology, it seems unlikely they'll blow
> those
> savings on lawyer-hours instead, in trying to get that tech licensed for
> Linux.
>
> On April 5, 2008 11:13:34 am Thomaz de Oliveira dos Reis wrote:
> > As long as I know, Ryan is not an Epic employee. He is an independent
> > developer that port games to linux.  Epic contracted him to do this
> > port.

Sir_Brizz
Technical Manager
sir_brizz at beyondunreal.com